We have seen the market...and it is us
When I was president of Faith Popcorn's BrainReserve, we identified a major economic trend (women’s escalating purchasing power) and branded it EVEolution. Today, I would say (albeit less cleverly), it's become a revolution.
Right now women are responsible for $7 trillion (yes, with a "t") in consumer spending in this country alone. And faster than we can name the next generation, we (women) will be in charge of fully two-thirds of consumer wealth, influencing at least 85 percent of all purchasing decisions and fully 50 percent of those we tend to think of as 'male,' e.g. cars, home improvement and consumer electronics.
These factoids come to us courtesy of Intel, as does a further observation:
91 percent of women say "advertisers don’t understand us."
Advertisers don't understand our Earning Power...
- The average American woman is expected to earn more than the average American male by 2028
- 51 percent of U.S. private wealth is controlled by women, today
- Women account for more than 50 percent of all stock ownership in the U.S.
- Women control more than 60 percent of all personal wealth in the U.S.
...or Our Spending Power
- We women make 80 percent of healthcare decisions and 68 percent of new car purchase decisions
- 75 percent of us identified ourselves as the primary shoppers for our households
- Nearly 50 percent of us say we want more green choices, with 37 percent are more likely to pay attention to brands that are committed to environmental causes
- We believe financial institutions are interested in making money, while we want to use our wealth to make a difference
Want to know more? So do we!
Ready to explore the amazing business building power of #SHE? So are we!
You know your Brand has an untapped opportunity here. Let us help deliver competitively insulatable growth by discovering the emotional content of your Brand’s promise to women.
Email. Phone. Text. We're here and ready when you are.